Updated: Jan 12, 2020
Malaysian inspired Crispy Ginger Tofu with a Soy Glaze- an easy 5-ingredient dish that you can whip up in 15 minutes flat. We normally eat this as a snack- crispy tofu pieces are sooo easy to pick up and pop in your mouth- but can also be served as a veggie side dish to your meal.
Serves 4 if you're having it as a snack, or 2 if as a meal- eat it with The Sambal and rice 🤤🤤🤤
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- A couple of thumbs of Ginger, cut into matchstick-sized strips
- 280g extra firm tofu, cut into small cubes for extra crunch
- 3 tbsp Soya sauce
- Spring onions and chilli flakes (optional) to garnish
- Heat oil in pan on high heat
- Once hot, add ginger and turn the heat all the way down so that it doesn't burn. This infuses oil with ginger
- Stir for about 3 mins
- Add Tofu and cook on high heat until both it is golden brown and crispy
- Add soya sauce quickly and stir. The pan should be hot so most of it will evaporate, leaving behind a glaze on the tofu pieces
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve immediately!